Simple Stir Fried Shitakei Mushroom
Shitakei mushroom is one of my favorite mushroom. You can buy that at any hypermarket either dried or wet type. Dried type you can keep for months but wet type can keep only for few weeks. However, wet type actually taste better. The mushroom taste are heavier. There are couple of types of shitakei mushroom. Common one are from China and expensive one are from Japan. If bought those wet type, it taste good with just simple stir fried.
- 6 pieces of wet shitakei mushroom
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Wash the mushroom cleanly.
- Cut off the mushroom stem. Then slice the mushroom into half / quarter.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Add the slice mushroom and stir fried it slowly.
- The mushroom will slowly absorb the butter and the great smell will be release.
- Add some salt and cook until the white parts turn light brown.
- The mushroom is ready to serve. You can add some onion leave for taste or topping.
This dish is very easy and simple to cook. It taste good with rice or porridge. With the heavy taste of the mushroom and butter, I hardly can stop eating. You can add some water if you want to have some gravy out from the mushroom. It is very suitable for last minute cooking.
Estimated time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 2 person