Sambal Kacang Botol (Winged Bean/Four Angle Bean)
Kacang botol (Winged Bean/Four Angle Bean/Square Bean), ai shiii a lot of name for this vege. Mostly we can find this vege in economy rice. The cooking style most likely sambal fried.
I try couple of times to replicate the taste. Here is the recipe.
- 6-7 pieces kacang botol
- 1 piece of onion (slice)
- Dried prawn / replace with prawn
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon chili paste (cili giling)
- 1 teaspoon belacan (shrimp paste)
1. Cut the kacang botol about 1/2 inch.
2. Pour some oil and fry the belacan until it mix well with the oil.
3. If use dried prawn, cut the head and tail then blend it. If use prawn, it is best with peel off shell.
4. Stir-fried the dried prawn/prawn with the belacan.
5. Drop the garlic, garlic and chili paste into the pan. Stir for 5 minutes until the prawn cook.
6. The nice smell will come out and sometimes it may cause cough due to the spicy.
7. Drop the kacang botol and stir-fried for 1 minutes. Make sure the it is mix well.
8. Pour about 1/4 glass of water. Keep stir-fried until it mix well and the water dried.
9. It is ready to serve.
It is easy to cook, nice taste with white rice or porridge. I assume the same way can be cook using lady finger, just that more water for that. Will try that someday.
Serving size = 2 person
Estimate time = 10 minutes
Food Health = 6/10
Difficulty = 3/10