Marinated Teriyaki Chicken
Do not know what to cook for chicken? Tired of fried chicken? Teriyaki chicken is also one of the most simple marinated style.
- 2-3 pieces of chopped chicken breast or thigh. Can be boneless but try to reserve skin.
- 2 tablespoon of rice wine
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. Marinated it and keep cover and drop into the fridge for 1 hour. The longer the better. Marinate it in the early morning for lunch or marinate it during lunch and cook during dinner.
2. Pour some oil (1 tablespoon) on the fry pan. Heat the oil.
3. Drop the marinated chicken together with all the sauce.
4. Cook 5 minutes at 160 degree. Keep stirring.
5. Lower the temperature to 120 degree and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
6. Cover the pan and lower the temperature to 80 degree. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir it once it a while to avoid getting too sticky on the pan.
7. You will see the teriyaki sauce turning from light brown to dark brown. The sauce will dry and turn into sticky gravy. Basically it was the sugar that turn sticky and dark.
8. It is ready to serve with rice.
Serving size = 2 person
Estimate time = 25 minutes (exclude marinated)
Food Health = 4/10
Difficulty = 6/10