Steamed egg have been a very popular dish for Asian. Chinese, Korean and Japanese have steam egg in their food menu. It just the way they do it differently. Steam foods are always healthier than fried food.
- 1/2 cut cube chicken stock
- 2 piece of mushroom, slice
- 2 piece of black fungus, slice
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine, I replace Sake with rice wine. Sake more expensive
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Boil a pot of water. Estimate with 2 small bowl of water. Drop the chicken stock and boil the stock melt. Let it cool. If the chicken soup is hot, it will create too much pores in the chawanmushi.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Drop the mushroom, black fungus, Parsley, rice wine, salt, sugar and soy sauce.
3. Do not whip it. Stir it slowly to avoid bubbles formed. Stir until it is mix well.
4. Pour the boil chicken stock slowly into the eggs.
5. Stir slowly so it mix well.
6. Pour the egg into the bowl and place into the steamer.
7. Steam for 15 minutes at high temperature.
Have to be very careful when stirring the eggs and ingredient. If not careful enough, bubble appeared and the chawanmushi will have lots of pores. For the thickness and juicy, adjust by add more water when boiling the chicken soup. This to allow the steam egg to turn either harder or softer.
Serving size = 4 person
Estimate time = 30 minutes
Food Health = 7/10
Difficulty = 7/10